New Zealand Registration for Australian Architects

If you are registered in Australia, you are entitled to registration in New Zealand as of right, in accordance with the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997. For this to apply your registration in Australia must be current, so that you are able to practice.

No assessment is involved and there is no fee for processing your application. However, you will need to provide proof of your state or territory current registration. You can apply at any time.

Please fill out the application form.

To activate your New Zealand registration you must purchase a current annual Certificate of Registration, this being required of New Zealand architects annually to stay registered. For this, please download the invoice.